USER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If we discover or have any reason to suspect you have breached the terms we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to Norway2UK services immediately and without notice.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS AND THE TERMS
If you would like to receive information relevant to business opportunities in Norway or the UK, including such commercial opportunities including trade events and missions, conferences and other events, inward investments, trade opportunities, requests for distributors or partners and demands for goods and services or upload material to the Norway2UK Services, interact with the Norway2UK Services or participate in Member only areas of the Norway2UK Services, you must register and become a member ("Member"). As part of this you will be asked to "accept" the Terms and, on doing so, you will be deemed to have consented to and will be bound by the Terms.
Other visitors to the Norway2UK Services do not need to become Members. However, any use of the Norway2UK Services (including, but not limited to, viewing content) constitutes your acceptance of the Terms, which takes effect the moment you first use the Norway2UK Services. If the Terms are not accepted in full, you do not have permission to access the Norway2UK Services and should stop using it immediately.
Norway2UK reserves the right to change the Terms at any time by posting changes online and it is your responsibility to refer to and comply with the most up to date Terms on accessing the Norway2UK Service. Your continued use of the Norway2UK Service after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the Terms as modified.
YOUR PASSWORD, USERNAME AND SECURITY
When you register as a Member (your "Membership"), you may be asked to select a user name and password you can then use to access your account and log on to and/or participate in areas of the Norway2UK Service reserved for Members only. We reserve the right to reject user names that are offensive, defamatory or otherwise unsuitable. Alternatively you may be asked to provide an email address which will be confirmed as bona fide via an autoresponder.
If you use any functionality that Norway2UK makes available that allows people to contact you or leave comments, you are accepting these may be abusive, untrue or unpleasant. Please be careful when using any messaging and do not reveal personal information such as your home contact details and where you live.
In using the App or other Norway2UK Services, you may be asked to provide personal information about yourself. This information includes:
(a) your name and contact details,
(b) your physical location, where you have agreed to it being used for the ‘Locate a business' feature on the App.
All your personal Information shall be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"). If you want to know what information we collect and hold about you, please write to us at the address at the end of this document. Norway2UK is the data controller of your Information for the purposes of the Act.
The Information we may collect:
When you visit our App or Website you may provide us with three types of information:
1. personal Information you provide to us on an individual basis during Registration; and
2. website use information collected as you and others browse our Website.
3. other Information that may be provided by you when adding content to our App, or to our social network pages such as Facebook.
What do we do with the information that you provide?
We use your Information in the following ways:
• to ensure that content from our Website or App is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or device;
• to allow you to register to join Norway2UK as a member or order any products and services available on our Website where you choose to do so;
• to pass your agreed and submitted PUBLIC Information, as visible in the App and other Norway2UK Services, to Member companies to supply goods, services or information requested by you and we may pass your Information to them for this purpose (e.g., developing trade), we will not pass on your PRIVATE information submitted to Norway2UK for use in accessing our services.
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• in accordance with your authorisation at the point of Registration;
• if you have given your consent at the point of Registration, to contact you with information about products, and services that you request from us, or that we feel may be of interest to you or your business;
• if you're using the App, to send you ‘push' notifications (where you have agreed to receive them) containing information about our products and services and to facilitate presentation of content of the App and other Norway2UK services;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We maintain the highest standards of security, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Any information you submit is sent at your own risk. Once we have received your Information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
You agree and confirm that:
1) all information provided by you to Norway2UK is accurate, true and up to date in all respects and at all times, all facts expressed by you in User Content are true to the best of your knowledge and belief and, if your User Content contains opinions, these are your own and genuinely and truly held by you;
2) all User Content is original to you and you are fully entitled (and have all necessary consents) to give the User Content to Norway2UK (you must also have the consent of anyone featured in the User Content to provide this to us) and you are happy for this to be used as set out in the Terms;
3) nothing in the User Content will infringe the copyright or any other right of any person, breach any contract or duty of confidence, be defamatory, obscene, offensive, indecent, harassing, threatening, breach anyone's privacy or may constitute a contempt of court or be calculated to bring any broadcaster or other person into disrepute; and
4) all User Content will comply with any additional terms or requirements on the Norway2UK Online Service and you will at all times comply with the Terms.
You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified Norway2UK from and against all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities (including legal fees) relating to or arising from your use of the Norway2UK Online Services and/or Membership or Applications or arising from any breach or suspected breach of the Terms by you or your violation of any law or the rights of any third party.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal information you are asked to supply or you supply voluntarily as part of the registration, upload/download or Application process and any other information relating to your User Content (e.g. information provided to Norway2UK in relation to legal and best practice issues) ("Your Data"), will be used by Norway2UK, its group companies, service providers and other organisations and by their subcontractors, employees, agents and advisors (including legal advisors) as follows: (i) to administer your Membership or Application; (ii) in making decisions about whether User Content you seek to upload onto the Norway2UK Online Service should be accepted, rejected or used; and/or (iii) as set out on the Norway2UK Online Service or the Terms. In addition, Norway2UK may at its discretion disclose this information to the police, regulatory bodies or any legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the Terms by you or otherwise where required by law.
You may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Norway2UK reserves the right to use your details, photographs and audio and/or visual recordings in any publicity (including as set out in Section 5).
Your Data supplied as part of your Application will, unless we tell you otherwise, be able to be seen by other users of the Norway2UK Online Services so make sure you only provide information you are happy to be seen in this way. You can control some of the information other users see by making data change requests to Norway2UK.
USE OF THE Norway2UK ONLINE SERVICES
In accessing the Norway2UK Online Service, you agree to do so only for your for commercial use and in accordance with the Terms. Unless otherwise stated, you may not copy, reproduce, download, post, store (including in any other website), distribute, transmit, broadcast, commercially exploit or modify in any way the material or content on the Norway2UK Online Services or permit or assist any third party to do the same.
You agree to only use the Norway2UK Online Services for lawful purposes, in a manner which does not improperly infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, the Norway2UK Online Services by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, but is not limited to, conduct which is libellous, in breach of anyone's privacy or which may harass, cause real distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or interruption of the normal flow of dialogue within the Norway2UK Online Services.
Content may be made available with advertising or sponsorship. Your obligations in relation to this are the same as the content to which these adverts or sponsorship relate.
USER CONTENT, COMPLAINTS AND CONTACTING Norway2UK
Although we ask all Members to submit User Content that complies with the Terms, you acknowledge that User Content supplied by other Members may include material you consider offensive or objectionable. Norway2UK assumes no responsibility or liability for User Content and, as the User Content is created by users, it does not necessarily represent the views of Norway2UK.
If you become aware of any misuse of the Norway2UK Online Services or wish to complain about any User Content or material on the Norway2UK Online Services or believe any of your rights have been violated e.g. your copyright infringed, you have been defamed etc., you can notify us by contacting us at our registered office. We will need to know:
1) Nature of your complaint and location of the particular content or Member.
2) For copyright disputes, identification of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed and a statement that you have a good-faith belief the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law and that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or are authorised to act on behalf of the owner.
3) Your name, address, telephone number and email address and such other information as we may reasonably request. Norway2UK may, but is not obliged to, monitor or assist in disputes between Members. You are solely responsible for your interaction with other Members.
TERMINATION AND SUSPENSION
Norway2UK reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue a Norway2UK Online Service or any part of it (including the availability of any features of or pages on a Norway2UK Online Service) at any time and without notice or liability to you. Norway2UK is also entitled to suspend or terminate your Membership or access to any part of the Norway2UK Online Services at any time if you breach the Terms or for technical reasons.
You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions in your profile or within your account. Even after your Membership is terminated (for whatever reason) the Terms will remain in full force and effect. Your User Content will remain on the Norway2UK Online Services - please contact us via the Help pages with details of any User Content you would like to be removed and we will try to remove this.
THIRD PARTY SITES/LINKS
Norway2UK is not responsible for the availability or content of any third party websites or material you access through the Norway2UK Online Services. If you decide to visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements. Norway2UK does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, services or information on or available from third party websites or material (including payment for and delivery of such products or services) or for any damage, loss or offence caused by or, in connection with, the same. Any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the relevant provider of the service.
You may link to your own User Content on the Norway2UK Online Services or send links to other people's User Content on the Norway2UK Online Services via email. Other than this, links to a Norway2UK Online Service must be clear links to the relevant page on such Norway2UK Online Service and content must not be viewed within the pages of any other site (unless expressly set out otherwise on the Norway2UK Online Services) such that content does not appear to come from Norway2UK. Norway2UK disclaims all liability for any legal or other consequences (including for infringement of third party rights) of links made to the Norway2UK Online Service.
Links do not imply that Norway2UK endorses, is affiliated or associated with any linked site, or is legally authorised to use any trade mark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any linked site is authorised to use any trade mark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of Norway2UK or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. Norway2UK reserves the right to request that any links are removed at any time and you agree to comply with any such request.
DISCLAIMER/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Norway2UK Online Services, User Content and information, images, logos and content relating to the Norway2UK Online Services, Norway2UK, and/or any of Norway2UK's associated companies, products and services (or to third party products and services), are provided 'AS IS' and on an 'AS AVAILABLE' basis without any representation, endorsement or warranty of any kind, including but not limited to implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
Norway2UK will endeavour to provide the Norway2UK Online Services using all reasonable care and will use reasonable efforts to make the Norway2UK Online Services available to you at all times. However you acknowledge that the Norway2UK Online Services are provided over the internet and so the quality and availability of the Norway2UK Online Services may be affected by factors that are outside Norway2UK's reasonable control such as technical faults in your ISP's and/or telecommunication providers' networks/services. Norway2UK is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, providers, computer equipment or software, or failure of any email or Application to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website (or any combination of these things).
Norway2UK makes no guarantees that the Norway2UK Online Services will be available, uninterrupted or error free, or that defects will be corrected, or that the Norway2UK Online Service or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. Except as required by law, Norway2UK will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused by:
1) interruption or delay to the Norway2UK Online Services or errors, viruses or bugs contained in the Norway2UK Online Services caused by events outside Norway2UK's reasonable control;
2) your negligence, your breach of the Terms or failure to follow Norway2UK's reasonable instructions;
3) any incompatibility of the Norway2UK Online Services with any other software or material on your equipment;
4) any unauthorised use of the Norway2UK Online Services; or
5) any other factor that is outside Norway2UK's reasonable control.
Content, information and other material on the Norway2UK Online Services may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. Norway2UK does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of these or the reliability of any information displayed or distributed through the Norway2UK Online Services (including provided through any software). You acknowledge that reliance on any such information shall be at your sole risk. Norway2UK reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any part of the Norway2UK Online Services and to make changes to the Norway2UK Online Services and to the materials, products, programs, services, content or prices described in the Norway2UK Online Services at any time without notice.
Norway2UK cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered though use of the Norway2UK Online Services or any Application. In no event will Norway2UK or its third party affiliates be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether in action of contract, negligence or other action, including (but not limited to) damages for loss of use of a Norway2UK Online Service, damage to equipment or other software, or loss of data or profits or for other monetary loss or for any indirect or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use (or inability to use) or performance of a Norway2UK Online Service or participation in any Application. In addition, in no event shall Norway2UK or its licensors or third party affiliates be liable for any unauthorised use of the Norway2UK Online Services. These exclusions do not apply to death or personal injury caused by Norway2UK's negligence and only apply to the extent permitted by law. This does not affect your statutory rights (please see www.consumerdirect.gov.uk for further details).
Norway2UK'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, PRODUCTS AND SOFTWARE
The names, images and logos identifying Norway2UK, its associated companies or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of these parties. Nothing in the Terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right under any intellectual property right of Norway2UK or any other third party unless expressly stated otherwise.
All copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in the Norway2UK Online Services (including the design, arrangement and look and feel) and all material, software or content supplied as part of the Norway2UK Online Services, other than User Content and Your Data, shall remain at all times the property of Norway2UK or Norway2UK's licensors and protected by copyright law.
Any products and services on the Norway2UK Online Services are subject to availability and are available at the sole discretion of Norway2UK Service. Where applicable, all references to Norway2UK products and services are intended to apply only in the United Kingdom. Unless expressly stated otherwise, Norway2UK Content is only available in the United Kingdom or Norway by United Kingdom or Norwegian residents. You agree not to use or view or attempt to use or view Norway2UK Content from outside of these territories unless permitted to do so by Norway2UK.
From time to time certain software which is the protected work of Norway2UK or its suppliers may be made available to download from the Norway2UK Online Services. You are licensed to use the software on a non-exclusive basis only for the purposes for which it is indicated. You may not use the software for any other purpose and may not redistribute, sell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise deal with the software unless you are specifically advised otherwise.
The Norwegian Collaboration Centre Ltd (Norway2UK), company registration nos, 03994394 and VAT No. 772022063 are incorporated and registered in England and Wales at 368 Cemetery Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK, S118FT. You can contact us at this address.
Last updated 19th July 2011.